Careers with NDPD
Traffic and Parking Services Manager, 1 year
"Working at the University is very exciting because of the people. Parking Services allows us to meet and interact daily with the diverse backgrounds of all of our Faculty, Staff, Students and Guests on campus. Being able to serve and help others on a daily basis in a great work environment is very rewarding! ."
Assistant Director of Emergency Management & Consultant to the Chief of Police, 1 year
"Working for Notre Dame has been the most incredible experience. I have worked for good employers in the past, but the University of Notre Dame, particularly the Notre Dame Police Department, identifies and retains talent by offering opportunities to grow personally and professionally. I truly love every single person I work for and with."
Work with us!
CIT, trauma-informed, de-escalation training, fair and impartial policing training
Our community outreach and engagement:
Pizza on Patrol, Cookies with Cops, Coffee with Cop, Mario Kart, Foodie Friday, Safebound Outreach, National Night Out, and our new Safe app
What you can do in our Department:
RAD instructor, ILEA instructor, Vapor Wake K9, Bike officer, Detective Bureau, Field Training Officer, Active Shooter Response instructor, Rifle Training
- rotating shift to get every other weekend off
- educational benefits to staff, spouses, and children
- competitive medical, vision, and dental benefits
- on-campus comprehensive wellness center with lower co-pay options
Salary Info: Earn up to $54,000 base pay
- Apply Here
- If you’re already Indiana-certified you will be interviewed right away.
- If you’re not Indiana certified then you will take a written test, physical test, and have an interview all in one day.**
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to communicate with various constituencies
- Ability to supervise and adapt to rapidly changing situations, making appropriate decisions under stressful circumstances
- Must maintain a strong customer service focus even in difficult policing situations
- Must meet minimum standards regarding acceptance for training by the Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board as specified in Indiana Administrative Code Title 250 Rule 3.
**Non–certified applicants (or those not currently ILEA certified) will be required to complete a physical fitness test (ILEA Entrance Examination Standards), a written examination, and a short in–person interview consecutively as the first stage of the hiring process. Further details will be communicated to you after your initial application has been reviewed. **
Interested in scheduling a ride-along?
Call (574)631-5555 and say you want to schedule a ride along. They’ll get your information and work with your schedule to find a time and date that works for you!
“You can actually see the impact you make and can follow up with people.”
“Specialized details like protecting dignitaries."
“Great benefits for me and my family.”
“We get to work closely with our community.”