The Notre Dame Police Department has been alerted of an armed robbery of a University student, which took place in the early morning hours of Saturday, August 28, 2021. The robbery occurred near the intersection of Notre Dame Avenue and Sorin St. south of campus. The suspects involved were described as two African American men both with dark complexion, dressed in all dark clothing. One suspect was skinny and around 6’2” tall around 20-30 years of age with a semi-automatic pistol with a red laser. The other suspect was described as around 5’8” or 5’9” with slender build and shoulder-length dreadlocks. No one was physically injured in the robbery.
The Notre Dame Police Department has been in contact with our partners in the South Bend Police Department about this incident, and we will continue to work together for the safety of our communities.
If you have any information regarding this incident, please contact South Bend Police, and if you are a victim of a crime please report it to local authorities.
South Bend Police Department 574-235-9263
Crime Stoppers 574-288-STOP
Notre Dame Police Department 574-631-5555
To reduce the risk of robbery or assault, please consider the following safety tips
- Arrange for safe transportation, and when using a ride-sharing service, make sure the driver knows your name and that you are getting into the correct vehicle.
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings.
- If you decide to walk, walk in groups. This may reduce the risk, but not always.
- If someone is approaching you, consider crossing the street or getting quickly to a location where there are other people.
- If someone does approach you with a weapon and demands your property, it is best to give them the property.
- If you are the victim of a robbery, try to get as much descriptive information as possible and immediately call 9-1-1. Note height, weight, gender, race, hair color and style, clothing, facial hair or other facial features, scars, marks, or tattoos. Listen for them to say names if there are multiple people. Note which direction they go when they leave.
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING SUSPICIOUS, SAY SOMETHING