- Parking for Individuals with Handicapped-Accessible Needs
- Faculty/Staff Parking
- Parking Regulations: Faculty, Staff, Students, and Visitors
- Student Parking
- Special Restrictions - Football Home Games
- Snow Removal Guidelines
A state permit is required. When ADA parking spaces are full, please contact NDPD (574-631-5555) for further information on where to park. Please do not use reserved or service maintenance spaces.
Faculty/staff will be assigned to parking areas indicated on the issued hangtag. “A” permits are valid in “B” lots. “B” permits are valid in any “B” lot. If a lot is overcrowded, go to the next available lot or contact Parking Services or NDPD Security for information on where else parking may be available. Central campus are represented as “A” lots. “B” permits authorize parking in central campus for up to 90 minutes in non-reserved spaces. “B” permits are valid in central campus lots weekdays from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. and all day on weekends. Hangtags are re-issued annually. Faculty and staff may not park in the Rugby or Wilson Student Lots off of Wilson Drive or the Walsh Architecture Visitor Lot.
Faculty/Staff Parking Prohibitions
Parking for faculty & staff is prohibited in the following areas:
- All no parking zones, loading zones, driveways, on grass, etc.
- Reserved lots/spaces not assigned to you including the Legends Lot and Morris Inn Guest Lot
- All paved or unpaved areas of campus that are not clearly marked as a parking area
- ADA/Handicapped-accessible zones without proper permitting
- Rugby & Wilson Students Lots and the Walsh Architecture Visitor Lot
- Parking in any roadway, driveway, sidewalk, grass area or any paved or unpaved area not specifically marked as a parking area is prohibited
- Parking on campus without displaying a proper permit/decal is prohibited. This includes all students, faculty and staff lots. Exceptions to this rule include visitor parking in the Bookstore Lot and Legends Lot
- Parking over yellow lines or in no parking zones; blocking vehicles, traffic, trash receptacles or loading zones/docks is prohibited
- Parking in ADA/Handicapped-accessible spaces is restricted to a special decal or state-issued permit
- Parking is reserved in all spaces located at the rear of the Main Building and parking at the Post Office is only permitted for 15 minutes
- Student decals must be properly displayed. Please do not tape or temporarily affix the decal- use all adhesive of the decal. Hangtags are not authorized for student use & student decals must be affixed to the drivers side lower windshield
- Visitors and guests, including parents, must obtain a guest pass. Passes are available at the Main Gate, East Gate or from the Parking Services Offices located in Hammes Mowbray Hall
- Vehicles must maintain proper registration and be maintained in running condition. Storage of vehicles is not permitted in lots.
- Saint Mary’s faculty/staff may park at Notre Dame under the same guidelines as those with “B” decals. Parking for Saint Mary’s students (with proper registration) is permitted Monday through Friday until 5 p.m. in all C and student D lots. On weekdays after 5 p.m. and on weekends, parking is also available in any “B” lot.
- Overnight RV parking is prohibited and not permitted on central campus.
- Motorcycles are permitted on central campus with a faculty/staff decal and are subject to rules applicable to other motor vehicles.
- Faculty, staff or student vehicles may display no more than one decal at the same time. Expired permits must be removed.
- Do not block any handicapped ramp, violators will be ticketed and towed.
- Service maintenance are reserved for vehicles displaying Maintenance permits, for up to a 2-hour limit (Monday-Friday, 6am-4pm). These parking spaces are available for general parking from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- The Bookstore Public Lot has a one-hour parking limit
Gate officers may grant special permission for a one hour pass (60 minutes) for entry to campus. Such permission is for loading or unloading but not for parking on campus. Student vehicles entering campus must obtain and display a valid special pass at all times.
ALL STUDENTS PARKING IN A CAMPUS LOT AT ANY TIME, MUST DISPLAY A VALID PARKING PERMIT.
Students will be assigned to parking areas indicated on the decal issued. A special "GU" permit is required to park in the Rugby and Wilson Student lots off of Wilson Drive.
Movement between lots can be as follows: “C” permits can park in “D” lots (except Rugby and Wilson Student lots without "GU" permit); “D” can park in “C” lots. “Fischer” can park in “C” and “D” lots (except Rugby and Wilson Student lots without "GU" permit).
Student Parking Prohibited
Parking is prohibited in the following areas:
- Faculty/staff/visitor lots from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays and any spaces/lots reserved by sign. Rules are enforced on holidays.
- Main Circle, Morris Inn, Legends lot and Post Office lot.
- Special passes are required to park in any central campus lot.
- St. Joseph Hall and Moreau Seminary lots.
- Our Lady of Fatima Property.
- WNDU lots.
- Faculty Circle north of stadium as posted.
- Galvin Life Science Jordan Hall lots, including the one-hour, and 90 minute spaces.
- Fire or traffic lanes, any paved or non-paved areas of campus that are not clearly designated as parking areas.
- Saint Mary’s College prohibits student vehicles parking in the Convent area, which includes the entire southwestern portion of campus area. Signs clearly mark this area. Parking is also prohibited adjacent to residence halls at Saint Mary’s College except when vehicle is being loaded/unloaded. Contact Saint Mary’s Security Office at (574) 284-5000 when parking a vehicle to load or unload or for additional information about parking at Saint Mary’s College.
- Individually signed spaces are enforced, as marked.
- Students are prohibited from using proximity gate cards or any electronic device to open any access gate.
- Do not park on end caps (end of rows-or driving lane in lot).
Parking is prohibited after 6am on Saturdays of home football games without a special football parking pass in all B and C lots, Raclin Carmichael Hall, Library Circle, Dorr Road and parking areas on the Moose Krause Drive and west of the Hesburgh Center. Vehicles left in the above listed lots will be towed at the owner's expense beginning at 6 a.m. Student parking is available in Rugby and Wilson Student lots (GU decal required), Lake and Dorr Road lots, D Bulla lot, White Field, and at graduate residences (with appropriate decal). Student parking without special passes is prohibited in all other areas on game day.
Four hours prior to kick off and at least two hours after the game ends, special traffic restrictions are imposed on roads near campus by University, local and state police. Regular faculty/staff and student parking assignments are not available game day. No overnight parking with a game day hang tag. Please follow directions of police. Most roads leading to campus become one-way and motorists must follow directions of police officers. Access to campus lots is restricted to a special pass during one-way traffic pattern. Motorcycles, vehicles with trailers and large trucks are prohibited in all lots on game day. RV parking on game day is allowed only from 7:45am to three hours after the game in the NDFCU lot. All lots close three hours after the game.
Special guidelines are in effect to assist Landscape Services/Athletic Fields crews with plowing of the lots. Any vehicles left in the faculty/staff lots after midnight may be towed at owner's expense to another University parking area. We ask that individuals working late-evening shifts park in the middle of the lot so curb lines can be properly cleared. All vehicles must display a valid parking permit.
Resident Assistants may receive notice to move student vehicles to a specific lot so other lots may be plowed; students will have until the designated time given in the notice to move their vehicle to a specified area. All vehicles must be removed from the designated temporary lot within 24 hours or whenever normal assigned lots are clear.
In some lots, spaces along curb-lines may be restricted to parking for snow removal. Signs will be posted and vehicles parked in these spaces may be towed at the owner’s expense. Shovels will be available at Landscape Services and Security for those who can not wait for lots to be cleared.
We ask that you do not park on end caps (end of rows, or driving lane in lot).