Student Parking Information
Vehicle Registration & Parking Permits Are Required for ALL Student Vehicles
Register for a parking permit through ParkND if planning to park a vehicle on campus. This includes students that live on or off campus!
Please allow 2 working days for permit processing. You will receive confirmation via email when your permit is ready for pickup from the Parking Service office on the first floor of Hammes Mowbray Hall. If you are stopping by our office to obtain your parking permit; remember to bring your student IRISH1 card, your vehicle license plate number, and the make/model/color/year of your vehicle.
Registering your vehicle and purchasing your permit is easy!
Log in to insideND.
Search for “ParkND.”
At the top of your screen, using the drop-down menu, click “Permits” and “Get Permits.”
Follow the prompts on the screen and proceed through the permit process. Please note: If the permit type listed on ParkND appears to be inaccurate, contact the Parking Services office right away.
First-year students living on campus may not possess or rent an automobile or any other motor-driven vehicle for use while in attendance at the University, unless authorized to do so by the Division of Student Affairs.
Permit Refunds: If you have purchased a full year permit, but will not be on campus for the spring semester; you can now easily peel the permit from your window and return it to our office for a refund of the spring semester amount.
Spring Semester Permits: Will not be available for purchase until early January, 2023.
|Permit||Permit Type||Valid Locations|
|Eligible Undergraduate Student||C & D||Baseball, Bulla, Dorr, Compton, Joyce, and Lake Lots|
|Graduate Student/Eligible Upperclassman||GU||Rugby, Wilson, Baseball, Bulla, Dorr, Compton, Joyce, and Lake Lots|
|Fischer Graduate Residences||F||Fischer Graduate Residence, Baseball, Bulla, Dorr, Compton, Joyce, and Lake Lots|
|Temporary||TMPS||(location specified on permit)|
- The permit now has a repositionable seal, and may only be transferred to another vehicle registered on your ParkND (go.nd.edu/ParkND) account.
- Permit owner is responsible for all parking citations issued to the vehicle displaying permit. Think twice before lending your car to others!
- Permits may not be reproduced or gifted.
- Parking rules and regulations are enforced 24/7.
Displaying Your Permit
- Must be affixed to the lower left, driver's side of the windshield.
- Permit number must be visible from the outside of the vehicle.
- Do not lay the permit on your dash.
|2022-2023 Academic Year Permit Prices|
|Full Year||Spring Semester||Temporary||Second Permit for Spouse (Student Spouse ID required)|
|$220.00||$120.00||$20.00 per week||$25.00|
- The student account will be automatically billed for permit purchase.
- IRISHPAY may be used to check student account balance and submit payments.
- Citations may be paid via ParkND account; if not paid or appealed within 10 days, the citation amount will transfer to the student's account.
- Citations must be appealed within 10 days of receipt.
- If the permit is not needed for the Spring Semester due to graduation or study abroad, physically return the permit to the Parking Services Office to request a partial refund.
- Teaching Assistants (TA's) should register their vehicle and purchase their permit. The charges goes to your student account and the department you work for then contacts Student Accounts to reimburse you.
RULES & REGULATIONS
ALL STUDENTS PARKING IN A CAMPUS LOT MUST DISPLAY A VALID PARKING PERMIT!
Student Parking is prohibited in the following areas:
- Any ADA/Handicapped-Accessible space; unless a State-issued ADA permit is displayed.
- Faculty/Staff/Visitor lots from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Any reserved spaces/lots indicated with signage from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Main Circle, Morris Inn, Legends lot,or Post Office lot.
- Any central campus lot or space beyond the East or Main Gates without an authorized pass from the gate attendant.*
- St. Joseph Hall and Moreau Seminary lots.
- Our Lady of Fatima Property.
- WNDU lots.
- Any space on Courtney Lane or Moose Krause North.
- Galvin Life Science and Jordan Hall lots, including the one-hour, and 90 minute spaces.
- Fire or traffic lanes, blocking a dumpster, and any paved or non-paved areas of campus that are not clearly designated as parking areas.
- Individually signed/reserved spaces at any residential hall.
- End caps (end of rows-or driving lane in lot).
- Saint Mary’s College Convent area, which includes the entire southwestern portion of campus area. Signs clearly mark this area. Parking is also prohibited adjacent to residence halls at Saint Mary’s College except when vehicle is being loaded/unloaded. Contact Saint Mary’s Security Office at (574) 284-5000 when parking a vehicle to load or unload or for additional information about parking at Saint Mary’s College.
- After four (4) citations; your vehicle could be impounded!
Snow Removal Guidelines
Between December 15 and March 15, special guidelines are in effect to assist snow removal crews with plowing the parking lots on our campus. Vehicles left in the faculty/staff lots after midnight may be towed at the owner's expense. We ask that individuals working late-evening shifts park in the middle of the lot so curb lines can be properly cleared. All vehicles must display a valid parking permit.
Resident Assistants may receive notice to move student vehicles to a specific lot so other lots may be plowed; students will have until the designated time given in the notice to move their vehicle to a specified area. All vehicles must be removed from the designated temporary lot within 24 hours or whenever normal assigned lots are clear.
In some lots, spaces along curb-lines may be restricted to assist the snow removal process. Signs will be posted and vehicles parked in these spaces may be towed at the owner’s expense.
We ask that you do not park on end caps (end of rows), or in the driving lanes of any lot. As this will impede snow removal.