Report a Crime

In case of any emergency or suspected crime in progress call:

574-631-5555 (from a cell phone)
911 (from a campus phone)

Reporting Crime

The best option for reporting a suspected crime or concerning behavior is to contact NDPD directly at 574-631-5555 or by visiting in person.

If talking directly with someone about your concern is not an option for you, the following are some additional options for providing information about a crime, violations of University policy, or ethical concerns:

Report Loss, Theft or Vandalism of Property

  • Anonymous Reporting of Criminal Information: Crime Stoppers of Michiana - via Crime Stoppers online tip form or call 800-342-STOP (800-342-7267)
  • Concerning or Threatening Behavior: Threat Assessment & Management Team
  • Discriminatory Harassment, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Sexual Assault, Other Concerns:
  • Inappropriate Conduct Concerning a Minor: The law requires you to report suspected inappropriate conduct with a minor to the police. University policy also requires reporting to the Office of General Counsel. Contact the NDPD at 574-631-5555 and the Office General Counsel at or 574-631-6411.

Reporting Other Concerns