Visitor & Guest Parking
Welcome to the University of Notre Dame!
Please review the visitor and guest parking accommodations provided below. Check back frequently for updated information within our Parking Services pages as we continue to provide our visitors, guests, and our campus community with parking solutions to meet their needs, while also adjusting to the growth of our University. As always, we focus on campus safety as our top priority.
Daily Guest & Visitor parking is available in the following locations:
During regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. - 4 p.m.), all visitors must purchase a permit (credit card purchase only) at at the Walsh Architecture Visitor lot. You may choose to print a receipt for your dashboard or choose the "Pay By Plate" option. Our visitor lots are all located on the south side of our campus.
- Walsh Visitor Lot at Eddy St. and Holy Cross Dr. on east side of the Walsh Family Architecture building (pay station kiosk located at lot entry to Walsh Visitor Lot)
- Compton Lot at Joyce Dr. and Holy Cross Dr. on the north side of the Compton Family Ice Arena (use pay station kiosk at entry of Walsh Visitor Lot)
- Joyce Lot is immediately south of the Joyce Center/Purcell Pavilion, (pay station kiosk at entry of the Walsh Visitor Lot); Joyce Lot scheduled to CLOSE for construction in March.
- Baseball Lot on Leahy Dr. west of the baseball stadium (please use the pay station at the Walsh Visitor Lot to pay for parking and obtain receipt/permit)
- Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore (one hour maximum free parking parking in the retail lot)
Morris Inn Lot (available for guests of the hotel or restaurants only)
- Legends of Notre Dame (for restaurant patrons only)
Please click here to see a map showing the location of the pay-to-park station and shuttle routes. If parking reaches capacity in these lots, the permits from any of the pay stations will also allow guests or visitors to park in the Dorr Road, Lake or Bulla Student Lots. The permits are not valid for parking in maintenance/reserved or specially signed parking spaces. There are many ADA spaces available; a valid state-issued ADA tag is required.
Parking Rate Schedule:
- 1hr - Free (must obtain permit and display on dash)
- 2hrs - $1
- 3hrs - $2
- 4hrs - $3
- 4+hrs - $8
Payment is not required in the above listed parking lots outside of regular business hours, on weekends* or during holiday closures observed by the University of Notre Dame.
*Visitor lots will convert to event parking guidelines for all home football games, concerts, or major events.
Departmental Guest Parking
University departments that choose to cover the cost of parking for their guest(s) in full or at a discount are able to do so using this form.
Coupon Codes are provided for use at the pay-to-park pay station located in the WALSH Visitor lots.
Once the guest has stopped at the pay-to-park kiosk, entered the coupon code, and obtained a printed receipt, they may then choose to park in the Joyce, Compton, Walsh Architecture, or Baseball lots. All visitor/guest lots are located south of the Football Stadium.
Be sure to place the receipt face up on the dash of vehicle.
Allow up to two business days for codes to be created. Codes will be sent via email to the requestor.
Contact Parking Services with questions via email at email@example.com.