Visitor & Guest Parking
Welcome to the University of Notre Dame!
Please review the visitor and guest parking accommodations provided below. Check back frequently for updated information within our Parking Services pages as we continue to provide our visitors, guests, and our campus community with parking solutions to meet their needs, while also adjusting to the growth of our University. As always, we focus on campus safety as our top priority.
Daily Guest & Visitor parking is available at the following locations:
During regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. - 4 p.m.), visitors must purchase a permit (credit cards only) at any of the three pay stations available in our visitor lots. The permit must then be displayed face up on the driver's side of the vehicle's dashboard, fully visible to parking enforcement staff. Our visitor lots are located on the south side of our campus.
- Walsh Visitor Lot at Eddy St. and Holy Cross Dr. on east side of the Walsh Family Architecture building (pay station kiosk at lot entry)
- Compton Lot at Joyce Dr. and Holy Cross Dr. on the north side of the Compton Family Ice Arena (pay station at entry near the bus shelter)
- Joyce Lot (south of the Joyce Center/Purcell Pavillion, pay station at entry just off Moose Krause Circle)
- Baseball Lot on Leahy Dr. west of the baseball stadium (please use the pay station at Joyce or Compton to pay for parking and obtain receipt/permit)
- Hammes Notre Dame Bookstore (one hour maximum complimentary parking in the retail lot)
- Morris Inn Lot (available for guests of the hotel or restaurants only)
- Legends of Notre Dame (for customers only)
OVERNIGHT PARKING FOR RECREATIONAL VEHICLES OR MOTORCOACHES IS NOT PERMITTED ON OUR CAMPUS AT ANY TIME.
Please click here to see a map showing the location of the pay stations and shuttle routes. If parking reaches capacity in these lots, the permits from any of the pay stations will also allow guests or visitors to park in the Dorr Road, Lake or Bulla Student Lots. The permits are not valid for parking in maintenance/reserved or specially signed parking spaces.
Parking Rate Schedule:
- 1hr - Free (must obtain permit and display on dash)
- 2hrs - $1
- 3hrs - $2
- 4hrs - $3
- 4+hrs - $8
Payment is not required in the above listed parking lots outside of regular business hours, on weekends* or during holiday closures observed by the University.
*Visitor lots will convert to event parking guidelines for all home football games, concerts, or major events.
Departmental Guest Parking
This option is available for University departments to cover the cost of guest parking in full or at a discounted rate to the guest.
Coupon Codes for the pay stations can be requested using this form. Please allow up to two business days for codes to be created. Codes will be sent via email to the requester.
Please contact Parking Services with questions by phone at 574-631-5053 or via email at email@example.com.
In an effort to make getting to your destination easier, the University offers a complimentary shuttle service. For the most up to date information, visit the Transportation Services website. Anyone with questions or comments is encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 574-631-6467.