FOR EMERGENCIES OR SUSPECTED CRIMES IN PROGRESS, DIAL 9-1-1 OR (574) 631-5555. Never use email or text messaging to report crimes in progress or suspicious activity.
Options for providing information about a crime or for reporting violations of University policy or ethical concerns:
The best option for reporting concerns is to contact the appropriate person or office directly. Talking to the Police, hall staff, Office of Student Affairs, your supervisor, department chair, dean, or director about your concern will often allow the concern to be handled most directly. If talking directly with someone about your concern is not an option for you, the following are some options for providing information about a crime, violations of University policy, or ethical concerns:
- Anonymous Reporting of Criminal Information: Crime Stoppers of Michiana: (800) 342-STOP (800-342-7267) or http://www.michianacrimestoppers.com/
- Anonymous Reporting of Concerns: Integrity Line: (800) 688-9918 or http://hr.nd.edu/integrityline
- Inappropriate Conduct Concerning a Minor: The law requires you to report suspected inappropriate conduct with a minor to the police and University policy requires reporting to the Office of General Counsel. Contact the NDPD at (574) 631-5555 and General Counsel at email@example.com or (574) 631-6411
- Academic Code of Honor Violations: Honesty Committee http://honorcode.nd.edu/
- Discriminatory Harassment, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Sexual Assault, Other Concerns speakup.nd.edu
More Information about the options listed above:
Michiana Crime Stoppers
To anonymously provide information about a crime or criminal activity, contact Michiana Crime Stoppers with the information you would like to share with law enforcement. Crime Stoppers provides secure web and mobile tips and dedicated phone lines to allow those with information on a crime to relay that information to Law Enforcement while remaining completely anonymous.
Anyone who provides Crime Stoppers with information that leads to the arrest or indictment of a felony suspect, the location of a felony fugitive, or the recovery of stolen property will be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000.
Information can be provided anonymously through the following means of communication:
- Phone Call:
- (574) 288-STOP (574-288-7267)
- (800) 342-STOP (800-342-7267)
- Online Web Tip: http://www.michianacrimestoppers.com/
- The process is completely secure and anonymous and is a very effective and efficient means of safely communicating. The WebTip process allows for integrated two-way dialog capabilities.
- Facebook: Michiana Crime Stoppers
- Phone App: iPhone and Android smart phone users can get a free app utilizing the same server as the Online Web Tip. Look for TipSubmit in your app market.
For more information about Michiana Crime Stoppers or how the process works, visit: http://www.michianacrimestoppers.com/
ND Integrity Line
Notre Dame has a unique spirit, which is supported by our community’s commitment to core values such as integrity, accountability, teamwork, leadership in mission, and leadership in excellence. Theft, violence or threatening behavior, harassment, substance abuse, safety issues, fraudulent accounting or financial reporting, or violations of law or regulatory compliance conflict with our core values. The first step in addressing these concerns is to talk with your supervisor, Rector, hall staff, department chair, dean, director or any member of the University administration. If none of these are an option for you, the ND Integrity Line might be a good option. You can call 1(800) 688-9918 to discuss your concerns any time of day or night with an outside vendor who will then anonymously forward the information you provided to the appropriate senior administrator at the University for review and appropriate follow-up. You can also provide information anonymously online at: https://www.compliance-helpline.com/NotreDame.jsp
Options for Reporting Questionable Conduct at Notre Dame-
More information about these options can be found on the Human Resources website http://hr.nd.edu/nd-faculty-staff/forms-policies/nd-integrity-line/
To report a crime or incident or to receive assistance or timely response call the Notre Dame Police Department at (574) 631-5555 or 911. Never use email or text messaging to report crimes in progress or suspicious activity.